Thank you Mike Gerken for this amazing image of Ms. Papa doing her thing!

Monday, June 11, 2012

It seems the green in my "green thumb" is not feeling so bright these days. I've added compost, turned the soil, and kept things as bug free as humanly possible but things just aren't taking off.  My poor little watermelon and cantaloupe plants are just that.. little.  They are stunted and don't want to go anywhere.  So, I am buying plants from a local garden center and will see if a second planting  does the trick.  I've had trouble with mexican bean beetles since my bean plants came up and it seems they are stunting the growth of the plants.  Today I'm going home to replant those as well.  It's hard not to get frustrated, especially when I see so many lush and green plants in other gardens.. What's that called, "green with envy"?  I have harvested quite a few cucumbers and will be making dill pickles this week.  A nice addition will be the dried dill seeds that I harvested last week.  I was also able to gather quite a few corriander seeds (picture below).  I'll be busy canning this week and will add pictures of this venture soon!  Also, pictures and information on the two cutest additions to Two Bees Farm:  Butterbean and Charlie are coming soon! 


And I have to show off my new toy.. Thanks Gaskill's Hardware!!




No comments:

Post a Comment