Thank you Mike Gerken for this amazing image of Ms. Papa doing her thing!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Successful First Delivery!!!

This past Satuday was a big day at Two Bees Farm! My first 5 veggie boxes went out and I'm so happy to report that everyone seemed pleased.  I was able to provide radishes, carrots, chard, lettuce, dill, cilantro, and rosemary this time.  I have hopes of the next boxes going out in two weeks. 

I was thrilled when I went into the new hives on Saturday.  The new queens are alive and well!  There are tiny little eggs in the cells and the workers are busy gathering the spring goodies!  I'm still worried about one of my older hives and will check it in a few days to see if there is new larvae.  When I checked on Saturday, there was uncapped larvae but I still didn't see eggs or the queen.  I'm really hoping she's just hiding! 

Spring Break is coming up (thank goodness) and I am looking forward to a week off!  I'm forcing myself to relax a bit and look forward to some down time spent with old friends on the beach.  The plants can do without me for a few days, right??

Here's a picture of the weekend harvest...

No comments:

Post a Comment